Live in-play betting is becoming one of the most popular options for sports bettors. With live in-play betting, you can place bets on various outcomes during a live event rather than before it starts. Betting live adds that extra level of excitement while watching a game, as you can win (or lose) money based on what happens on the field, court, or track.
In-play betting also comes with its own set of benefits and drawbacks that you should be aware of before you start placing bets. We will explore the pros and cons of live in-play betting to help you decide whether it’s right for you.
The advantages of live in-play betting
One of the main benefits of in-play betting is that it allows you to take advantage of changing circumstances during a sporting event. For example, if a team falls behind early in a game but then mounts a comeback, you could bet on them to win at better odds than you would have gotten before the game started. Similarly, if a player gets injured or ejected from a game, you can bet on how that may impact the outcome.
Another advantage of in-play betting is staying engaged with the game or match even if you’re not particularly interested in the outcome. This makes watching a game more exciting, even if you’re not a die-hard fan of either team.
If you like to analyse and evaluate games as they happen or if you’re good at spotting trends and making quick decisions, in-game betting would definitely benefit you in making profitable bet decisions.
Also, If you’re on the go or running late to watch a game, you can still place bets during the event using your smartphone or other mobile devices.
How to make informed bets during live in-play events
When having a bet during in-play events, it’s important to approach it with a level head and do your research beforehand. Here are some tips for making informed bets in-play:
- Know the rules: It’s important to understand the rules of the sport you’re betting on and any specific rules for in-game betting. This will help you make better choices about what to bet on.
- Focus: Pay attention to what’s happening on the field, court, or track, and try to spot any trends or patterns that indicate a good bet opportunity.
- Statistics are your friend: Statistics can be a valuable tool for picking your bets, but it’s essential to use them wisely. Don’t rely solely on past performance; consider the current situation and other factors that might impact the outcome.
- Bankroll: It’s easy to get carried away; it’s SO important to manage your bankroll carefully. Set limits for yourself, stick to them, be bold and take a break if you’re on a bad run.
- Shop around for the best odds: Bookmakers offer different odds for the same bet, so it pays to shop around to find the best deal.
These tips will equip you to make better-informed bets during live in-play events and increase your chances of success.
Managing your bankroll when betting in-play
One of the key aspects (like any betting you will do) to successfully bet in-play is managing your bankroll effectively. Here are some tips for doing so:
Set a budget: Before you start placing bets, decide on a budget for how much you’re willing to spend. This keeps you in control of your spending limits and avoids overcommitting.
- Use a money management system: You can use several different money management systems to help you stay on track with your betting. One popular system is the Kelly Criterion, which recommends betting a percentage of your bankroll.
- Don’t chase losses: It can be tempting to try to make up for a losing bet by placing larger bets to recoup your losses. This is a risky strategy that can quickly drain your bankroll. Instead, stick to your budget!
- Take breaks: If you are on a losing streak, it can be helpful to take a break from betting and come back with a fresh perspective. Avoid making rash decisions out of frustration.
A bankroll effectively minimises the risk of losing ALL your money when betting. Remember, the key to successful betting is approaching it with a clear head and a long-term perspective rather than trying to chase quick wins.
In-play betting can be fun, but you need to understand the benefits and drawbacks before placing bets. Advantages of betting in-play include:
- The ability to take advantage during a game.
- The opportunity to stay engaged with a sporting event.
- The convenience of being able to place bets on the go.
Potential drawbacks include the risk of losing money and the need to make quick decisions.
Our next article will delve deeper into in-play betting and provide tips on analysing and reacting to opportunities. We’ll cover topics such as how to spot trends, evaluate different bet types, and make quick decisions in the heat of the moment. Stay tuned for more insights on how to make the most of live in-play betting!