Types of Free Bets
Free bets are initial offers given to new customers of online bookmakers. In exchange for choosing to bet with a particular bookie, you are offered completely free bets. If your selection wins you will win the profit made from that particular bet (but not the stake amount). If your selection loses it will cost you absolutely nothing. For example if you receive a £30 free bet and place it on one of our football tips priced at 3/1 which won, you would receive £90 back but not the free stake of £30.
There are different types of free bet offers that vary from bookmaker to bookmaker. We advise you to check the terms and conditions of each promotion, and fully understand the qualification requirements to receive a free bonus. We will explain the varying offers bookmakers may use.
Small Deposit Large Free Bet
These are the best free bets available. For a very small initial deposit you will receive a free bet equivalent to up to 400% of your deposited amount. These are great value offers and should be used as soon as they become available.
A matched bet is probably the most common form of free bet. When you sign up for this offer, the value of your first stake will be matched as a free bet (subject to a minimum and maximum amount). For example you deposit £50 and place a bet for that amount. Whether it wins or loses you will receive a £50 free to place on anything you like.
The 100% deposit match bonus is a great way of immediately doubling your available funds to bet. You will receive exactly the same amount as you deposit as a bonus. The bonus is available to stake bets as you please, whether you decide to make a series of small bets or one large bet. A great offer to take advantage of.
Bookies are now beginning to tailor their own free bet promotions. This is great for the potential customer as it means they are fighting for your custom and thinking of new ideas to get your business. There are some very inviting deals about!
Guide to claiming your free bets
- Read our bookmaker reviews and choose which is the right one for you.
- Click on our free bet offer link to your required bookmaker. This will send you directly to the offer you have chosen. Some bookmakers do not advertise their offers if you go to them directly.
- Read the terms and conditions of the free bet offer and make sure you have understood the process of qualifying for your offer. Sometimes you will need to enter a promotion code which you will be shown on screen.
- Proceed with the registration process. It is pretty basic stuff and takes no longer than 2 or 3 minutes. You will now need to make your deposit.
- Place your first bet. Once again familiarise yourself with the qualifying conditions. Is there a minimum amount you must bet? Are there minimum odds your selection must be?
- You can now claim your free bet. Some bookmakers will make your free bet available immediately, others may wait until your qualifying bet has been settled. Please be aware that most customer helplines are available 24/7. Don’t be afraid to get in touch with them if you are confused or uncertain of terms and conditions.
- Enjoy your free bet.
- Now go and do it again at a different bookie!