How to Claim Free Bets
Free bets are initial offers given to new customers of online bookmakers. In exchange for choosing to bet with a particular bookie you are sometimes offered a completely risk free bet no deposit required. If your selection wins you will win the profit made from that particular bet (but not the stake amount). If your selection loses it will cost you absolutely nothing. For example if you receive a £30 free bet and place it on a selection priced at 3/1 which won, you would receive £90 back but not the free stake of £30.
Types of Free Bets
There are different types of free offers that vary from bookmaker to bookmaker. We advise you to check the terms and conditions of each offer, and fully understand the qualification requirements to receive a free bonus. We will explain the varying offers bookmakers may use:
Completely Free Bet No Deposit Required
These are the best free bets available. You are not required to make any deposit in order to receive your bonus. Simply join the bookmaker in question, and you will see your free bet no deposit balance available to you immediately.
- £10 no deposit free bet
- Great coverage of live Sky events
- Great money back loyalty scheme including money off Sky bill
- Worldwide football coupon
- Great odds on special football markets
- Join Skybet here
A matched bet is probably the most common form of free bet. When you sign up for this offer, the value of your first stake will be matched as a free bet (subject to a minimum and maximum amount). For example you deposit £50 and place a bet for that amount. Whether it wins or loses you will receive a £50 free to place on anything you like.
- £50 free matched bet upon joining
- Great TV event coverage
- Great money back betting offers
- Best bookie for horse racing coverage
- Large bets taken without any fuss
- Join Paddy Power here
- £50 free matched bet for new customers
- Home of the Goals Galore bet
- Weekly football bonuses
- Coupon covers European/Worldwide matches
- Famous big match bonus incentives and early payouts
- Join Betfred here
- £50 free matched bet for new customers
- Live events on your mobile device!
- Great live football betting
- Biggest High Street Bookie in the UK
- Superbly simple website
- Join Ladbrokes here
- Up to a huge £200 free in free bets upon signing
- Bet on both yes and no goal outcomes
- Watch over 20000 live events a year on the Bet365 live stream service
- Best live betting markets (huge choice)
- 0-0 score money back offers
- Join Bet365 here
A free cashback offer will return your stake if you lose on your first bet, making it a completely risk free investment (subject to a minimum and maximum stake), in effect making it a totally free bet.
- £25 free and up to £1000 cashback
- Thousands of live in-play betting markets
- Live video for hundreds of exclusive sporting events
- Back or Lay betting…. Bet on something to lose!
- Most popular betting exchange on the web
- Join Betfair here
Series of Free Bets
Some bookmakers may offer you a series of bets for free. For instance you deposit £15 and will receive 3x £5 free bets. This is very similar to a matched bet but is split into several bets rather than just one.
- £88 free bet basket offer to welcome new customers
- Goal Crazy coupon
- Good markets for Champions League matches
- Win great football prizes in competitions
- Singles accepted
- Join 888sport here
- Bet £10 and get £10 free when signing up
- Great extra services including tips and online magazine
- Competitive odds
- Great coverage of lower league UK football
- Large wagers invited
- Join Stan James here
Guide to claiming your free bets
- Read our bookmaker reviews and choose which is the right one for you.
- Click on our free bet offer link to your required bookmaker. This will send you directly to the offer you have chosen. Some bookmakers do not advertise their offers if you go to them directly.
- Read the terms and conditions of the free bet offer and make sure you have understood the process of qualifying for your offer. Sometimes you will need to enter a promotion code which you will be shown on screen.
- Proceed with the registration process. It is pretty basic stuff and takes no longer than 2 or 3 minutes. You will now need to make your deposit.
- Place your first bet. Once again familiarise yourself with the qualifying conditions. Is there a minimum amount you must bet? Are there minimum odds your selection must be?
- You can now claim your free bet. Some bookmakers will make your free bet available immediately, others may wait until your qualifying bet has been settled. Please be aware that most customer helplines are available 24/7. Don’t be afraid to get in touch with them if you are confused or uncertain of terms and conditions.
- Enjoy your free bet.
- Now go and do it again at a different bookie!